Nominate an Organization for People’s Choice Award!
Nominations are now being accepted for the 2017 Detroit Community Development Awards third annual People’s Choice Award! This Award honors groups working within Detroit neighborhoods to improve their communities with a $1,000 grant to continue their work. Completed nominations are due by 11:59 pm on Friday, September 15th. There will be one winner per each Detroit City Council district.
To qualify, organizations must be doing work in Detroit neighborhoods. Work can include, but is not limited to: social justice, environmental justice and/or sustainability, economic and social equality, financial literacy, community building, community organizing, education for youth and/or adults, recreational opportunities for Detroiters, arts and culture, safety, block club activities, etc. Applicants must be able to prove 501c3 tax status with W9 and IRS Tax Determination letter and provide at least 1 photo to qualify.
- Applicants must submit a full nomination packet by 11:59 pm on Friday, September 15 to be considered an eligible finalist. All completed and eligible entries will be considered finalists for public online voting. 2016 winners are not eligible to enter but are encouraged to reapply in 2018.
- Finalists eligible for online voting will be announced on Monday, September 18 and posted to the voting website.
- Online voting is unlimited up until the close of the poll at midnight on Friday, September 29.
- The finalist with the most votes received per district will be determined the winner. There will be one winner per district. In the event of a tie, the Awards judging panel will be asked to make a determination.
- Winners will be contacted on Monday, October 2 and offered two comped tickets to attend the event; at the event, they will be recognized by being asked to stand during the program